The most anticipated feasts come in May to the south of Gran Canaria, the Gay Pride of Maspalomas (Maspalomas Pride)! Since 2001 gay pride is organized in Maspalomas, with its official headquarters being the C.C.Yumbo Centrum. Each year it grows in size and diversity. It all started when the City Council of San Bartolomé de Tirajana with Dario Jaén at the helm (then Managing Member of Friends Against AIDS, Coordinator of the LGBT group and Secretary of Tourism Policy, Culture and Social Movements and Vice President of GLAY), together with a few Entrepreneurs of Yumbo, joined forces to create what is now the most crowded event on the island.
- Maspalomas Music Festival 2017. FREE concerts :-D 24 May, 2017
- Canary Islands’ Day 2017. Dia de Canarias 2017 23 May, 2017
- Mystery of Agatha Christie arrives at ExpoMeloneras 17 May, 2017
- More than 200,000 people enjoy freedom in the Maspalomas GayPride 2017 15 May, 2017
- Boat trips in Gran Canaria 13 April, 2017